Cyberharrasment on Social Media

Cyberharrasment, cyberbullying or cyberstalking is all in the category of online harassment. This affects people of all ages and it can happen on any social site. I find it mainly on forums, even information type forums like Japan Reference. This is a site to gather information about Japan. Many signs include:

  • Excessive attempts of defamation, ruin someone's reputation, cause them to lose followers and their professional image. They often say negative things that are not even true about the person. Social site users, especially forum users go to extremes to make certain the person's reputation is tarnished.
  • Often claiming the person is unintelligent, has misinformation which they are sharing with the public, they have no educational background. If educational background is visible to them, they attempt to convince others these credentials, work experience, working position and education is fraudulent. 
  • Constantly writing things or doing things to purposely humiliate, embarrass, make the person the pun of online jokes, to purposely have them as nothing more but a joke to many. 
  • Make constant racist and sexist comments. Racism is more common though as so I came to discover. They often go into the racial stereotypes and hateful slurs against a particular kind. 
  • The school type bullying. This is the classic name calling, even though they are adults. It includes calling the person ugly, stupid, and other childish school type bully comments. 

Yes, there are many other signs. Due to my experience, I do agree that this has became a serious problem about social sites. During my research, I also agree in avoid joining forums. Don't mean to sound repetitive, but this was the major reasons I decided to go anonymous. I learned being an anonymous writer will often eliminate this. No one has information about you to criticize about and that is what I preferred.

 

Japan Reference Again

 

This is the second forum I experienced harassment. One day, I was researching about Japan, especially working in Japan. Since this particular information was not available, I thought I could ask about working in Japan. One simple question and the users engaged in harassing, cyberbully type activity. This was unnecessary. Finally just recently, a moderator closed the thread. No one answered my question however. That is why I found the information myself. I merely asked because the tidings seemed to be missing. The information needed was the specific topic about the home healthcare service, and also bringing along a disabled relative onto the job. That is all, and not one gave me anything relevant. One said they were confused about the whole living doll thing. Although it does not concern them, someone did question as to why I was moving to Japan. In the future, I will leave my account dormant and I do not take any sources or information from this site. I am referring only to the forum and nothing else.



Absolute Write Water Cooler Forum

 

This is by far the worst forum I have joined. The difference here was that I did not request for any information. Their ridiculous engagement was similar, but taken a step further by not only following all the signs of online harassment, but engaged in outrageous racist comments. Somehow it also attracted others to harass my manager and I with racist statements. 


Not all Arabs are terrorists or are rude. I am annoyed by those who needs to tell me what they dislike about Arabs. Although it doesn't bother me much (technically I am an Arab), I also find it annoying when many neglect that I said I am mixed. Also, I did mention before I am not taking photos or anything without having the living doll plastic surgery. For those who feel it is insane and some sort of nuttery (which is not a word), I have freedom to do whatever I wish. Also my blog is still undergoing the professional upgrade. I continue blogging due to the length of time it will take to upgrade the blog.


What I Learned About Music

Recently, I learned and realized a lot regarding music. Yes, unfortunately, it's another topic related to race and nationality. Music...