Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Genealogy Research: New Discovery

Recently, the DNA testing company 23andMe apologized to my family for giving us inaccurate results. Ancestry however still stands behind the confusing results that was given. I knew something was wrong when only my Step-Grandma's family kept being found, and not our own family. So I decided to not use their help, but my family found this discovery on our own and the adoptive family. It is important for me to know for my living doll career. I will wear traditional clothing.

The shocking discovery is that I am actually Portuguese, but still a mixed heritage person. This post is more accurate to my heritage. I looked it up and learned my heritage is from Spanish and Brazilian locations. I was shocked to know I was Spanish. I know some may wonder about all my talk about the Middle East, India and Eastern Asia. Well, my family's Portuguese ancestry originates from the Middle East, mainly North Africa. So I was right all along how 23andMe was inaccurate. The 88% is actually for North Africa and the Middle East.

The other even more shocking discovery is when I learned my family is from the Sephardic Jews. This was a bit confusing when Ancestry and 23andMe both said I had no Jewish traits. Last night I read in 1492 Spain expelled the Jewish people from the country and everything. So this means my family is actually like a Spanish-Jewish mix. It made sense why my Step-Grandma vaguely kept hinting I was Jewish.

The other DNA traits are the same. I have a lot of traits from Turkish, Arab, Azeri, Balinese (Brunei, West Sumatra also), Iranian and Filipino Ancestry. My new discovery is that my family has traits from Cyprus, Greece, Palestine, Syria and most countries of North Africa. They include Morocco, Algeria, Libya and Egypt. I came across Levant which includes the Middle East. Since my Ancestry is from the Eastern Mediterranean, I wasn't for sure if I actually was considered an Arab. However, I found a few countries from the Arabian Peninsula. I am more like a Jewish-Arab mix. It was confirmed when I found out my family's heritage originates from North Africa and the Middle East. The previous discovery about Pakistan and India is confirmed correct.

I found traits from Eastern Europe, but it is unclear which country. The Russian trait is accurate.

So I will review traditional clothing so I can make outfits for my human doll career. Also it helps to identify myself as a human doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Upgrade Update (and More)

Due to the long process and work moving, I decided to wait until I move to upgrade my blog. After the move, I will resume with the art proj...