Writing Inspiration: Rock

When people find out I listen to rock, especially the type of rock it is, most are shocked. Yes, when I am not listening to Kpop or Jpop music, this is my favourite music to listen to. This sort of music I find inspiring for writing. My taste can vary from indie to more harder rock, which is my first choice. My playlists mostly consists of hard, screamo type rock. This music is great for adventure, action, horror or almost any sort of writing I believe. It can get your adrenaline up to perfectly finish a scene. Lately, I have only been listening to Arabic, Turkish, Bollywood and Russian music. However, I am currently getting back to listening to rock. My taste hasn't changed at all.

I like music with meaningful lyrics. While most don't pay too much attention to it, I actually like to decipher what the artist is trying to say through this song, what is the meaning to a song? What is the message behind the instruments? Some is a bit dark what I prefer, but I find it most inspiring for my writing projects.

I believe rock has some of the most incredible and the most talented guitarists. I never paid much attention to who was in the bands, but I have always liked one. Despite of a lot of criticism about the music being dark and depressing, I use to be obsessed with Evanescence. I loved Amy Lee, and always thought she was beautiful. I just loved her style. My second favourite is Hayley Williams from Paramore. 

I will end this with a list of my favourite bands I can currently remember:

  • Demon Hunter
  • Red
  • Scar the Martyr
  • Paramore
  • Breaking Benjamin
  • Slipknot
  • Five Finger Death Punch
  • Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Escape the Fate
  • Evanescence
  • A Day to Remember
  • Three Days Grace
  • Pillar   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My Tony Tony Chopper Sewing Machine

This is my new One Piece, Tony Tony Chopper sewing machine. I ordered it a while back from Japan, but this is the first time I opened th...