Being a Game Writer

Learning more about game creation and writing a game has made me fully think of the hard work that is put into making games. Playing games is one thing, but it's entirely different when you are actually making them. I recently learned more about the arts of game writing. What I read puts things in perspective, especially how game writers or Narrative Designers work with a team of people. They must learn teamwork and collaboration with the people who will help bring the game to life.  Speaking of that, isn't it amazing how your written ideas can be visually brought to life?

I learned the role of a game writer. They pretty much come up with the dialogue, story line, character arcs and other things. However, being a book writer already, writing these things won't be a problem for me. Other people may not have the patience to actually write for a lengthy time. I also read about how many items can be left out or required of being changed, and how things must fit the budget and time. Learning behind making games can help you better appreciate them, and think about how much time they put into actually creating the games. Drawing on a computer is hard enough, and believe me, I tried too many times. Several tutorials later and I still draw like a 2 year old. I am better able to draw on paper than on a computer. Anyway, programming and other work into making the games also requires much hard work. It also requires huge dedication.

I have finally decided to write JRPG or Japanese role playing games. I find the anime styled Japanese games more visually appealing to make. It also fits the style where I was already going with my games. How I make the games is that I sort of create upon what I find missing in other games, or what I wish other games had. I appreciate more open world games, more character selections or being able to choose the character you wish to play, having a lot more to do, more full coop optioned games and a bit more lengthy games. I dislike short games, as much as I dislike the idea of short Manga/Anime series. Writing manga will be discussed further in another post. When playing a game or just simply watching someone else play, now my mother and I are thinking of ways the developers could have improved the gameplay. Also, we discuss what we want for our games. 

Another announcement. After a discussion, I plan to develop my console idea instead of ditching it. I guess that's all I had to share for now. 

Living Doll Transformation Updates

Lately, I have been practicing the dolly makeup as suggested. I am not quite there with the whole kawaii makeup, but I will start practicin...